Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2018

Spirit Conjuration Philosophy


Spirits are sentient beings with individual wills, desires, abilities, and "lives." We mortals (if indeed we ARE mortal) are spiritual beings having a human experience. We are astral and eternal beings who have chosen to incarnate as physical beings. The spirits we draw into our lives are not unlike us, except that they have chosen (or can't for some reason) take an incarnate form.

We don't believe that spirit torture or spirit slavery are ethical practices, and we are dismayed at the number of spirits being conjured and kept in unethical ways by otherwise good and ethical people. We are here to show another way. (And we are willing to teach you, if you want to learn to do this for yourself.)

There are hundreds of SPIRITS WHO ACTIVELY DESIRE TO WORK WITH YOU!! We know how to bring you into a close bond with these spirits without sacrificing your integrity, or theirs. We never force a spirit to serve a keeper, as we have seen done in many magical traditions.

We can literally conjure any type of spirit you desire, and we can bring you into a deep, intense personal relationship with those spirits.

 It is my hope to diminsh fear on behalf of those new or unsure about spirit conjuring and keeping. I have seen a great many people who are tentative in their efforts and pay truly outrageous amounts of money to sorcerers who promote a message of fear (ie "you are not strong enough to keep this spirit" or "only I can do this work for you" and even "you will be unhappy/unsafe/unstable without this spell or charm or spirit"). A very subversive message, truly. I want people to know that they have the ability themselves, with study and fortitude, to be a conjurer themselves.

Sadly, I  see a lot of spirit enslavement within the conjure community, within the sales copy promoted by many other shops. Certainly, this is not true of ALL shops. But my dismay at seeing encouragement of keeping unwilling spirits in a collection, spirits that require a binding (in the sense of chains) -- as opposed to a bond of of love, friendship, or employment. This is actually what compelled me to open Etsy shop called "Ethical Sorcery" -- a shop that was closed with all other metaphysical shops of its sort in the summer of 2015 per some policies at that marketplace.

I've been doing this work for a very long time, and I am an adept in both Traditional Witchcraft and Ceremonial Magick. I have studied the medieval grimoires, and I have talked with sorcerers of many different lineages. The spirit slavery and torture that I am railing against is present and common, even today -- and it stems from medieval magical practices. A magician stood inside a circle and conjured a spirit within the triangle. He conjured whatever spirit he wanted, regardless of that spirit's willingness to participate in the magical operation. The magician then gave the spirit a task. If the spirit was unwilling, the magician threatened the spirit, growing increasingly more violent until eventually the magician was holding the spirit's sigil over fire to torture that spirit into compliance. I find it gruesome. Sadly, I also still find it very, very common. You'd be truly shocked, I think, to know how many good people see no problem with essentially ensnaring a passing spirit and coercing them into cooperation. (Some magicians approach this work from what is called the "Psychological Model of Magic" -- the conviction that all magic, all reality, all spirits are in your head and are therefore yours to manipulate and control.)

And certainly, I don't mean to cause anyone additional fear or worry. It is my intention to shed light on a practice I personally find abhorrent -- and prevalent. Furthermore, I wish to declare Blade & Broom and myself as separate from those practices, an ethical alternative to what I see as an unethical (and very common) modus operandi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...